Are you not finding your Roku remote? Are you unable to watch your favorite programs? Do you want to know how to connect Roku to wifi without remote? Roku players come with a remote. You can use the remote to connect Roku tv with WiFi. However, if you lose your remote, you cannot connect your Roku to the internet, and it might impact your viewing experience. But you can connect Roku to WiFi without a remote and enjoy your shows. You need to know how to do this. There are many ways to connect Roku to wifi without a remote. You will have to follow a few steps based on the device you are using. You might need two mobile devices.
Moreover, your Roku mobile app can work as a remote. Besides, the Mobile Hotspot of your phone can serve the purpose. If you do not want to use your mobile, you can use your PC. Also, an Ethernet port can come to your rescue. Options are many, and you need to find the most suitable one. However, we will help you with the step-by-step instructions for all the possible ways. Keep reading if you want to know how to connect Roku TV to WiFi without remote.
Best Ways to Connect Roku TV to WiFi
1. Use Roku App
We will start with an easy process. First, you will have to download the Roku app. You can download the app on your tablet or smartphone. Use the same WiFi network to connect the device to the Roku app. You can use it as the Roku Player. After downloading the app, you can select the Devices in the Roku app and then select the remote icon. Here are step-by-step instructions for better understanding.
- Download the App: You will find the app on the Google Play store on your Android device. However, if you have Apple devices, you can use the Apple App Store. After downloading the app, you will have to open the app. While using it for the first time, you will have to accept the terms and services. Also, you will have to go through a quick tutorial.
- Find Devices: After going through the tutorials, you will have to tap Devices. You will find it at the bottom of the screen. Again, while using this app for the first time, you need to tap OK. This action will enable you to find devices. Find the devices and select the Roku device.
- Use Remote: For using the Roku app as your remote, you will need to tap the remote icon available on the Roku. You will find a plus-shaped icon that you can use as the remote of your Roku TV.
- Control Your TV: Now you have your remote to watch Roku TV and control it. The best part is that you can use it as long as you want. But you will have to make sure that the Roku Player and your smartphone have the same WiFi network connection. Otherwise, you cannot use the Roku app as your remote.
You can follow the above steps to use your Roku app as the remote. It will work for most Roku users when they do not have WiFi issues. You can use this for your home Roku TV. However, if you are in a hotel, you might experience difficulties. You might not get the same WiFi. As a result, you cannot use the Roku app as your remote to watch your favourite shows.
Additionally, a Roku player connects to the WiFi network automatically. It remembers its last connection, and the Roku app can work when your smartphone uses the same WiFi. You will have to use the same username and password to access the previous WiFi. However, if it is not possible to use the same WiFi network, you can consider other options. You can try many different ways to connect your Roku TV to WiFi, including a mobile hotspot. You can use it to connect your Roku to WiFi without a remote.
2. Use a Mobile Hotspot
You can use your device and set up a mobile hotspot to connect the Roku app and the Roku player on a new WiFi network. First, you will have to use the same WiFi for this purpose. After connecting to the WiFi, you can download the app on another device. While using a mobile hotspot, you will need two devices. You will need one device to download the Roku app, and then you can use another to connect to the mobile hotspot.
Yes, you cannot first set up the hotspot on the mobile and connect the Roku app to the hotspot using the same device. You will have to use two devices. More importantly, you will have to use the same WiFi network and password. Here are more details for easy implementation.
- Set up the Mobile Hotspot: For this, you can use Windows, Mac, tablet, smartphone, or any other available device with mobile hotspot services. You will have to set up a hotspot on your device. While setting up, you will have to use the name and password of the previous connection of the Roku player. For example, if you have used the Roku device at your friend’s house last time, you will have to keep the same name and password for your hotspot. In brief, you will have to use the previous WiFi network details.
- Connect Another Device to the Hotspot: Once done with the hotspot set up, connect to another device to the hotspot. You will have to use this device to download the Roku app. Also, you will have to follow steps based on your device type. While using an iPhone, visit settings, General, and then WiFi. Now, you can connect to the hotspot by following the same way you connect to any network.
- Open the Roku App: As mentioned earlier, you will need two devices. You will need one device for hotspot setup and another for downloading the Roku app. Now, you have a hotspot set up on one device and a Roku app on another. Next, you will have to open the app.
- Select the Roku Player: Open the app and find the Devices list. If it is not available, you can refresh the app by swiping it down on the screen. Now you can see the Roku app, and you can use that app to control your device. You will find the remote icon, and you will have to tap it.
- Go to the Setting: Use the remote to visit the settings of your Roku device. You can tap the Home button to go to the Roku settings. Now, you can use the up and down arrow keys to make changes in the position of the left sidebar. You will have to select the Network and then visit the Setup connection and choose Wireless. With this step, the device will start searching the available networks. You can tap OK to allow your device to find a suitable network for you.
- Choose the Network: You will find your network. However, if you do not see it, you will have to select Scan again. It will help you to find all the networks. If this is a new network, you will have to note down the password and name for future usage. You will need the password to connect the Roku player to the app with a hotspot. After this step, you can enter the password and then tap Connect.
With these simple steps, you can convert the app to a remote. You can watch your Roku TV without a remote. Remember the password and the name to avoid any inconvenience in the future. However, if you do not want to use both of these above options, you can consider using a Chrome extension.
Learn Also: Best Ways to Program Any Remote to a TV?
3. Use a Chrome Extension
Yes, you can use your computer and control Roku TV. You might have heard about Remoku. It can enable you to connect a Roku to WiFi through a PC. First, install the Remoku extension in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. After installing the extension, you can press the Remoku icon that you will find in the extension area. You can check the top-right in your Google Chrome. Now, you can select any of the simulated buttons.
4. Use Your Ethernet Connection
If you have an Ethernet port, you can consider using it to get WiFi. You can connect the Roku to WiFi without a remote. However, you can only find this port with some ultimate models of Roku, Roku Streambar, and certain Roku TVs. But, a streaming stick, including the Streaming Stick + or Roku Premier, cannot connect to the WiFi through the Ethernet. Also, if you have an Ethernet, you will have to follow a few steps to connect Roku to WiFi.
- Connect to the Router: First, you will have to connect the Roku to the router through the Ethernet cable. With this feature, you do not need to connect to WiFi.
- Set up the WiFi: You will have to ensure that the Roku app on the phone connects to the same WIFI. After this, you will have to launch the app and find the connected Roku devices.
- Go to Settings: Use the app’s remote and go to settings, Network, Set up connection, and Wireless. After going through these, find the WiFi network and then select it. Enter the password you use to connect to the network and press Connect. It will connect you to the WiFi network. Also, whenever you want, you can disconnect the Ethernet cable and use the WiFi connection.
These are the ways you can use to connect your Roku to WiFi without a remote. You can consider any of the above tips and follow the steps to ensure easy usage. Also, make sure that you have the required arrangements while considering any of the above methods. For example, you will need two devices for a mobile hotspot and the same WiFi connection for the Roku app. For Ethernet, you will need an Ethernet port. However, it is available on selected models only.
Frequently Asked Question
Why Does My Roku Get Disconnected?
You might experience this issue due to poor signals or setting issues. Also, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol can cause this problem. However, you can fix most of the WiFi problems. You can check the router settings and ensure that you have enabled the DHCP. Besides, you can restart your Roku to fix any connection issues. If none of these prove effective, you can talk to your network provider.
How Can I Connect My Phone to Roku?
It is simple, and you can connect your phone by downloading the Roku app. The downloading will be easy and less time-consuming. However, you will have to ensure that your phone and the Roku device have the same WiFi. Otherwise, you cannot connect your phone to the Roku. After downloading the app, you can use its remote icon to control your device. You can do it within a few minutes without any hassle. Moreover, you can use it as the remote as long as you want.
How Can I Pair a Roku Remote?
You can pair a Roku remote easily. But, you will have to know what types of remotes you have. You might have a Point Anywhere Standard, IR remote, or Enhanced Remote. If you have an IR remote, you can insert the batteries, and it will work. An IR remote does not require pairing. However, if you have other remotes, you can insert the batteries, and then you will have to wait for the Roku Device to detect the remote and pair it automatically.
What Are the Ways to Reset Roku Remotes?
You can reset your Roku remote with a few simple steps. First, remove the batteries from the remote and then disconnect the power from Roku. After disconnecting, you will have to reconnect the power when the home screen appears. Reinsert the batteries, press, and hold the pairing button of your remote for three to five seconds. It will take around thirty seconds to reset the remote and repair it with your Roku device.
You May Also Enjoy to Learn: