Tired of really bad wifi reception? Tired of ISP-imposed data limits and the binge-watching restrictions that come with them? If you answered yes to either (or both) of those questions, then a VPN is what you need. Ok, so what is a VPN and how do I use it? Not only will this article answer those questions but we’ll also touch on some pros and cons as well as which ones we believe are the best free VPN providers for Firestick as well as other devices such as Windows computers, iPhones, or Android smartphones.
VPNs essentially reroute your service provider through their servers instead of yours making it appear as if you’re in another country thus allowing you access to blocked content from outside sources. Of course, this will slow down your connection somewhat so if you’re only looking to unblock something here or there, maybe stick to an ad-supported plan.
If you’d like to know more about VPNs and how they work, I recommend taking a look at our article on what is a VPN service. After explaining how it works in that article, we go into greater detail taking a look at some of the best free VPN providers for Firestick which are available for download today. We’ll also discuss which ones to avoid as well as why using any one of these services can cause problems while streaming video on your device.
Learn Also: How to Watch ESPN without Cable
Top 3 Best Free VPN for Firestick
A virtual private network or VPN for short is a secure connection between two devices. It allows you to browse the internet without fear of being hacked, monitored, and sniffed. As such, it’s best to use any paid VPN service provider if your purpose is to unblock geo-restricted websites and stream online content that isn’t available in your country. A free VPN for firestick is not a solution for unblocking streaming channels. It’s just an insecure connection over the internet that gives you slower speeds and lower stability. To stream fresh episodes of your favorite TV shows, check our best VPN for Netflix guide or check our best VPNs for firestick guide.
Best free VPN for Firestick & Android TV Box We’ve looked at dozens of different providers in the industry and found these to be the best in terms of both quality performance and value. You can click on any one of them below or follow the links in our reviews that will take you straight to their website, all without having to pay us a cent!
1. Unlimited Free Turbo Speed VPN ( Best Value )
No logs, P2P Torrent allowed. Unlimited bandwidth. Unblocks most major streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now among others. High-grade encryption technology provides maximum security while maintaining high speeds for both download and uploads. Easily unblock Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, etc. Also has additional VPN services for maximum privacy.
No issues operating on Kodi 17.6 & 18 Leia. Their Fire TV app also works very well.
- Zero logs
- Very fast speeds
- P2P allowed
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Supports multiple devices via a single account
- Unblocks most major streaming sites
- No free trial but only costs $2.99 per month so best value VPN around in our opinion.
- Special Deal – Turbo Speed VPN is offering an exclusive 57% discount when you sign up for their 12-month plan which comes out to just $2.99 per month! If you want to know more about the service before signing up, read this in-depth review of Turbo’s Fire TV app
2. VPN Robot (Best Free VPN)
Does not store any logs. Has both free and paid ( $4/mo ) options. The free plan includes unlimited bandwidth, access to servers in US only, and one device connection. Paid service allows multiple connections at once, usage on 5 devices simultaneously, P2P torrenting is allowed, access to servers in over 15 countries including Canada, the UK, Japan, France among others. High-grade encryption for maximum privacy protection.
VPN Robot uses the OpenVPN protocol with AES 256-bit cipher for encryption which provides a very secure tunnel for all of your data to travel through. They also have no issues operating on Kodi 17.6 & 18 Leia.
- No logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Supports multiple connections per account
- Only available for Android
- You can use their service on up to 5 devices simultaneously.
3. VPN ( Best Free VPN )
No logs, high-speed connections, P2P filesharing supported, works with Netflix US and UK, supports multiple devices. This is a free VPN that gives you many of the benefits of using a paid service without having to hand over your hard-earned cash! It’s also very easy to set up – simply download the APK file from their website onto your Fire TV or Stick directly via adbLink.
I personally use this one as my main VPN because it’s by far the best free one that I’ve ever used, but do keep in mind that its speeds are not as high as paid ones.
- No logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Simple installation, and usage
- Speeds can be a bit slow
- Best for streaming purposes
- but if you want to download files or browse the web at maximum speeds then it’s best to use a different VPN
There are other free VPNs available out there so feel free to try those as well. The ones above have been tried and tested by myself and come highly recommended from many others in the know so if you don’t mind spending a small amount on your VPN service then go with one of those, otherwise take a look around on Google for more options!
VPN or Virtual Private Network creates a secure tunnel between your Firestick device and the internet. Doing so hides all your traffic from snoopers including ISPs, Government agencies, and Hackers. This way they can’t monitor what you download, where you download from, and everything else in between.
Everything that happens on the internet appears to come from its point of origin such as through your ISP or government censors when in reality it all travels back to you through the secure NAT/Firewall provided by the VPN service provider.
How to Pick the Best Firestick VPN
Before we move on to which are free VPN services let us first determine what makes a good fire-stick VPN. These are some factors you should consider before buying any virtual private network (VPN) service: Compatibility: The best fire stick apps work without glitches on all platforms including Android TV, Fire OS, PC Windows 8/10/8.1/7/XP & OSX 10+ devices. In other words, you must be able to easily download and install the VPN on your Amazon Fire TV or PlayStation.
- Security: Good free VPN for firestick have strong 256-bit encryption that makes it practically impossible for hackers, ISPs, and copyright trolls to spy on user activity. Servers: A good virtual private network will have a large number of servers in different locations. If you aim to access online content from anywhere in the world at max speeds then you need a VPN service with numerous servers scattered throughout the globe.
- Speed: Free Firestick VPN providers will reduce internet speeds while connected to their network because they use shared public networks to route data traffic. Good paid VPN services should give you faster connection speeds irrespective of which server you use.
You can get the best free VPN for Firestick, by following this guide. The guide will surely help you out in getting the best out of your device. However, there are many things that you might need to know about it before taking any steps forward. Well, here’s what you should do:
Step 1: Go to the amazon store
The first thing that you should do is reach out to an amazon online shop and purchase firestick for yourself. It only costs around $40 which comes along with a pre-configured device known as the Kodi box. This is one of the most common ways used by individuals who want to use Kodi on their devices with ease and simplicity. You can do it from HERE or any other online store.
Step 2: Watch Videos on Youtube & Download the Applications
As soon as you get your firestick, head over to youtube and look for Kodi addons. After that, just follow the steps mentioned in the videos and then download what you need. This should help you out in getting around Kodi without any issues at all. Just make sure that while using this guide, you keep the following things in mind:
- Make sure to keep Kodi 18 Leia (latest) installed on your device (It’s pre-installed by default and hence doesn’t require additional steps).
- Also, make sure to watch VPN tutorials before downloading any particular addon.
- Finally, don’t forget to check if there is a suitable VPN available for Kodi (you may find something like “VPN for Kodi”)
Step 3: Keep in mind that this method works in case you want to use Kodi on firestick devices.
However, this might not work in case you are trying to install it on other platforms like Windows or Android OS. This is because Firestick (on which Kodi can be installed) runs on Android OS by default, and hence using VPN apps would make sense. On the other hand, if you are looking to set Kodi up on your windows laptop/computer, then you don’t need to use any sort of VPN at all.
However, there’s one more thing that I should share with our readers…and it’s related to the Kodi installation. Here’s what you need to know:
- If you are trying to install Kodi on your firestick device, it is of utmost importance that you follow all the steps mentioned above carefully. Otherwise, the method might not work for you.
- Also, this guide only works if it is followed correctly. Hence, I would suggest my visitors do so! Hope this article helps out our visitors…I’ll be back with some more updates in a day or two…Till then please take care and stay safe!
Consider when choosing a good free VPN for firestick
Although many people will tell you that it’s impossible to get a decent VPN for free, this is actually not the case. There are several things to consider when choosing a good VPN provider:
- Speed and Reliability: The main factor in whether or not your experience will be worthwhile with any of these providers is speed. Good speeds will allow you to stream in HD without buffering issues. If you’re trying to watch high-definition video streams, the difference between 5 Mbps and 10 Mbps (or higher) can make all the difference in how smoothly it runs.
- VPN servers in nearby regions: The closer the servers are to your physical location, the faster and more reliable your connection will be. You may not realize this, but selecting a VPN server that is too far away from you can result in painfully slow speeds on Firestick. Hence, it’s important to find one with many servers within a close distance of your actual location.
- Protocols available: There are basically 2 types of protocols used by VPN providers for their service. PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol) handles high-speed connections well but has security vulnerabilities due to its ease of use whereas OpenVPN is considered much more secure although it will result in slower download speeds. Amazon Firesticks don’t support IKEv or L2TP/IPSec so you will need to use OpenVPN.
- Security: Make sure your provider offers good encryption levels (AES 128 or better), a no-logging policy, and support for secure streaming servers like Netflix.
- Device compatibility: Finally, be sure that the service works on Firestick/Fire TV with Android apps. Some providers offer dedicated clients for specific platforms which can make things easier but others rely on third-party open-source software which may not always work correctly.
Recommended to learn more: